How are you feeling this morning?
Have you woke up with the dread of Monday morning?
A bit fed up?
Post weekend blues?
Not looking forward to the school runs starting again??
Or have you jumped out of bed with a spring in your step and a cheeky grin that this week is going to be a great week???
Getting motivated to get your week off to a good start can be hard – the alarm that buzzes next to your head in the morning doesn’t exactly get you in the mood to make the most of your Monday.
However, every day is a chance to be positive and achieve great things, if you put your mind to it, so if you were feeling the first statement rather than the latter, here’s my 5 top tips to have a great week
- Make a list of all the things you are excited about this week (even if they are not until the weekend!) Still write them down. We often focus on all the ‘stuff we have to do’ on a Monday, and this generally is the bad stuff! But you can turn this around! Ideally you want a least 3 things you are looking forward to this week and if you can’t list 3 then maybe that’s an indication that you might need to make some changes about your lifestyle
- Take time to eat a healthy breakfast, it really is the most important meal of the day so if you want to set yourself up for a great day, you aint gonna get very far on no fuel or the wrong fuel!!! Make sure your breakfast includes high quality protein (try to eat organic if possible!) I’m a massive fan of shopping at ALDI and all their meat and veg is organic and really cheap!!
- Dress for success – Wear your fav outfit on a Monday, because it makes you feel good! So if you are taking the kids to school then make sure your out of that onesie and UGG boots!!! Lol, If you are an instructor then wear your fav workout gear or trainers on a Monday! It really does make you feel better when you are wearing clothes and shoes you love!
- Start the day with gratitude! This needs to start right from the word go on a Monday – listen to your fav tunes as you get ready or are driving in the car, notice 2 things you can see that you appreciate, 2 things you can hear and 2 things you can feel – this will not only make you feel more grounded but also re-train your brain into thinking more positive!
- Have a fun plan for a Monday night after you finish work, so whether it’s going to your fav fitness class (Body Blitz or Fitness Pilates hint hint!!!) or doing something fun with your kids or family, or just taking some time out for you – but have something to look forward to on a Monday night so that you look forward to Monday’s as much as Fridays!!
Really hope that has helped to get your mojo back for this week!!!
If you need any help with mindset or relaxation then join me for my BrainFit Workout course Wednesday 8-8.45pm – You can sign up this week for a 5 week course for £35.00 at the school in Burwell
If you need help with getting your nutrition on track, increasing your energy and generally taking control then my next Kick Start 14 day Body reset starts on Monday 8th May, full details are on http://www.kickstartfatlosscambridge.com/14-day-body-reset/
Or if you are interested in fitness classes my full time table is on www.kellyreedfitness.com
Please shout if you need any help